Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
transferring other registrar to dynadot
1/24/2013 19:39
Hi,

I have several domains with another registrar.  I want to transfer them all to dynadot so that they are all together.  They all currently have a few years on them.   I don't want to have to pay additional years just to transfer them to you.  Can't I just bring them in as is, and just renew when the time comes?   I've sold domains to people in the past and they just transfer over to them without having to pay.  How can I get around this?
Reply Quote
1/25/2013 16:28
ANYONE?
Reply Quote
1/27/2013 00:06
When you sell a domain to someone you either push the domain to their account if they are on the same registrar (= free) or the buyer of your domain inititiates a transfer on their end (so they pay the transfer fee).
In both of these cases you indeed end up paying nothing.

However, if you initiate a transfer yourself, for example to move your domains from Godaddy to Dynadot, you will always need to pay for the transfer fee which includes by default a one year renewal.
Reply Quote
1/27/2013 12:53
The Central Registry renews the domain as part of the transfer process.  We are unable to separate the two.
Reply Quote
2/13/2013 19:49
Thanks for the info.
Reply Quote
2/14/2013 16:16
You're welcome.   :)
Reply Quote