Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Trying to move my domain to namecheap but it just says "Awaiting release from previous registrar."
5/12/2021 04:42
Yesterday I unlocked my account, unlocked the domain and transferred the domain over to namecheap. I put in the verification code and everything. On Namecheap it says "Domain is with another registrar. Awaiting release from previous registrar.", even though the domain has been unlocked for a day?
Reply Quote
6/12/2021 10:04
Thank you for contacting us and sorry for the delay.
We are sorry to see you go! "Awaiting release from previous registrar" status means that the transfer is being processed which requires no input from your side. It can take up to 6 days to release because of ICANN regulations.
Since you have unlocked your account, you should be able to get the authorization code which you should give to your new registrar. Please keep your account unlocked for the process of the transfer but remember to lock it again once the process is finished to keep your account secure.
Please read this help page for further assistance.
https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/transfer-away
Reply Quote