Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
.us restrictions
12/20/2007 10:03
hi

how can i register (and respect policy) a .us domain if im from another country? is there any aspect that states something like this "business purpose, foreign company without a US presence but dealing with US customers"? what does it take to have a US presence (document and money wise)

hope it makes sense, thank you
Reply Quote
12/20/2007 12:00
From http://www.neustar.us/policies/docs/ustld_nexus_requirements.pdf the closest match would be:

3.A foreign entity or organization that has a bona fide presence in the United States of America or any of its possessions or territories [Nexus Category 3].

Prospective Registrants will certify that they have a “bona fide presence in the United States” on the basis of real and substantial lawful connections with, or lawful activities in, the United States of America. This requirement is intended to ensure that only those individuals or organizations that have a substantive lawful connection to the United States are permitted to register for usTLD domain names.

Nexus Category 3
A foreign entity or organization that has a bona fide presence in the United States of America or
any of its possessions or territories.
·Applicant must state country of citizenship.
·Applicant must also (1) regularly engage in lawful activities (sales of goods or services or other business, commercial or non-commercial including not-for-profit activities) in the United States; or (2) maintain an office or other property within the United States.

Category 3 Nexus Certification
Prospective Registrants will certify compliance with Category 3 Nexus based upon substantial lawful contacts with, or lawful activities in, the United States.
Factors that should be considered in determining whether an entity or organization has a bona fide presence in the United States shall include, without limitation, whether such prospective usTLD domain name Registrant:
·Regularly performs lawful activities within the United States related to the purposes for which the entity or organization is constituted (e.g., selling goods or providing services to customers, conducting regular training activities, attending conferences), provided such activities are not conducted solely or primarily to permit it to register for a usTLD domain name and are lawful under the laws and regulations of the United States and satisfy policies for the usTLD, including policies approved and/or
mandated by the DoC;
·Maintains an office or other facility in the United States for a lawful business, noncommercial, educational or governmental purpose, and not solely or primarily to
permit it to register for a usTLD domain name.
Reply Quote
12/20/2007 15:12
hi
thanks for your reply, im checking the docs at the tld sponsor, from what ive read here i understand i dont need to list any US contacts in the domain whois but i might be asked to prove business relations with companies in the US which is not a problem, im thinking i will make a feedback area to my .us site and encourage clients from there to provide feedback on our relation :-)

has anyone had issues with neustar "abusively" (without a solid ground) suspending domains?
Reply Quote
12/20/2007 15:31
Specific requirements for .US domains can be found in our Service Agreement, Part 2, Section 17, "ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR .US REGISTRATIONS."
Reply Quote