Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Using Dynadot with Google Apps
5/29/2007 10:06
Please Help!  Just moved to Dynadot, and when my domain transferred, the message was that the MX and CNAMEs should not have changed.  But sure, enough, they disappeared.

I entered the MX and CNAME info in the "manage domains" area, but they disappeared when I came back a while later.  Then I see that "IP address" is required, which Google does not provide.

Any clues?

Thanks--Allen
Reply Quote
5/29/2007 16:21
Have you tried using the Dynadot DNS setting and using the CNAME Records?  For the IP Address at the top of the section, you can put 127.0.0.1 which points to your own computer.  Then in the CNAME Records, use one record for the "www" subdomain.
Reply Quote
5/29/2007 16:59
I had the CNAME records, but didn't know what to do with the IP.  I found this answer on another post, and it seems to work.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
9/9/2007 17:58
If we put 127.0.0.1 in the IP address section.
Does it affect on our domain when we are using nameserver? How the IP address 127.0.0.1 work? Could you please explain it for me?

Thank you.
Reply Quote
9/10/2007 15:48
You cannot use our Dynadot DNS if you are using your web host's name servers.  If you are using our DNS and use the IP address, 127.0.0.1, your domain (http://yourdomain.com) will point towards your computer.  If a visitor visits your domain, your visitor will be directed towards their computer.

You can see what will happen by visiting http://127.0.0.1.  Most likely you will get a "can't connect to server" error because most people do not run web servers on their own computer.
Reply Quote
10/4/2007 01:27
If we put 127.0.0.1. we lose the possibility to use parking revenue.
Do i Have  another way to create a mx record without losing this feature?
Reply Quote
10/4/2007 17:55
Yes, the other Dynadot services, including revenue parking, allow MX records to be set in the "Email Forwarding Settings" box on the domain's name server settings page.
Reply Quote