Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
visitors can't view my site when they type: www. in front of domain but can without it
9/28/2015 11:47
Hi,

I have a domain  registered with dynadot.  It is being hosted with Amazon Web Services (AWS).  

I have a problem.  Visitors can't see my site when they type: www.   in front of the domain on their  on their web browsers (Safari, Firefox, Chrome, etc) . The message you get is a:  Server Not Found page.

However, they can see my site when they simply type my domain without the www.  in front of it.  

What do I need to fix to correct this problem?  

thanks,  Simon
Reply Quote
9/29/2015 16:12
Also important to note.   I am hosting through Amazon Web Services and I've got someone else handling my AWS account because it's way too technical for me.
Reply Quote
9/29/2015 16:29
dynadot support gave me a link to the solution of my problem here:  https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/create-A-record

I will wait a min. of 20 minutes to a max of 24 hours to see my results.  If I don't return to comment, you can assume the problem was via the instructions found on the link above.
Reply Quote
9/29/2015 16:44
Yes, you would need to create an A record for the "www" subdomain if you wanted that version of your website to resolve properly.
Reply Quote