Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Whois Accuracy Program Verification
4/27/2014 10:12
I received some of these, and updated my WHOIS information each of my domains.  I then received a couple of them which showed the correct information.  However, now, over the course of the past couple of days, I'm receiving more of these requests to verify, but the information is old, not updated.  How can this issue be fixed?  Is it a bug?  Why am I receiving verification requests that don't reflect the updated WHOIS information?  More importantly, what should I do about it?  Will the domains be suspended if I don't verify the inaccurate information?
Reply Quote
4/27/2014 18:00
There are two verifications needed.  Looks like you completed the one titled 'Account Whois Accuracy Verification', but not the one titled simply 'Whois Accuracy Verification'.  That is actually the more important one.  Please use the link inside the emails and verify as soon as possible.
Reply Quote
4/30/2014 08:55
I don't think you're understanding my issue.  The e-mails that are coming in, asking me to verify my WHOIS information, have THE WRONG ADDRESS.  I have updated the WHOIS information on all of my domain names, and double-checked them.  They have the new address.  The e-mails I'm being sent to verify the information have the old address.  

Should I just verify the wrong information?  I don't get it.
Reply Quote
4/30/2014 15:35
The link in the email is showing information which is still designated as the default contact record for your account.  If you log into your account and select 'Contact Records' from the 'Domains' drop-down menu, you will see the record there.

To change which record is designated your default record, please try this:

How do I set my default contact records?

Setting a default Whois contact record will ensure that any future domain registrations or transfers will automatically use that record for their Whois. To set your default contact record, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Domain Defaults" in the drop-down.
  3. Click the "Contacts" section.
  4. You can use different contact records for the following Whois info categories: Registrant, Admin contact, Technical Contact, and Billing Contact (each category lists name, address, phone, email, etc).
  5. Choose the contact records you want to use as your defaults from each category's drop-down menu.
  6. Click on the "Save" button at the top-right corner to save your changes.

Note: You will need to unlock your account to edit your default contact record.

From Help Section: Account & Domain Management > Contact Records > How do I set my default contact records?
Reply Quote
5/3/2014 06:23
Thanks!
Reply Quote
5/4/2014 15:19
You're welcome!
Reply Quote