Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
WhoIs Privacy - Company name instead of personal?
7/27/2007 13:13
Hi guys,

I've registered several domains and am very happy with the flexibility offered by Dynadot.com. All my domains have privacy switched "on".

My question is - Would it be a problem to instead of having my name in the contact's section, I create a separate contact with my company name in the place of my name and use it for the privacy domain listings on WhoIs? All of the other information (Address, telephone) will remain the same.

Looking forward to your advise, because I do not want to do anything which will jeopardize my domains, however - they are all for company use.

Regards.
Reply Quote
7/27/2007 14:30
Yes, you can use your company's name in the Whois, however, if you want to use your company's name, then you should replace the contact information with your company's contact information.  You can create a new contact record with your company's contact information and then set your domains to use the new contact record.

Steps on how to create a new contact record can be found here:

How do I create a new contact record?

To set your domain to use a different contact record, please follow these steps:

How do I check and choose which contact record should be viewable in the public Whois directory?
Reply Quote
7/27/2007 16:35
Thank you. That is definitely neat.

Once again thanks for the rapid and comprehensive response.

Regards!
Reply Quote