Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Problem with .eu Renewing
10/12/2010 13:41
Why can't I renew .eu?
Name.com renews them no problem.
5 other registrars I deal with renew them.
Reply Quote
10/12/2010 18:05
You can only renew .EU domains about 60 days before they expire.  If they expire more than 60 days from today, you won't be able to renew them.
Reply Quote
12/31/2011 01:04
You scared me and I renewed a .eu -- which was set to expire 58 days from now. according to what you said I should not have been able to do so. So what is the real rule? Please refer me to actual law.

Thanks.
BarryG
Reply Quote
1/3/2012 10:26
b_godzilla_us:

You can renew .EU domains that expire sooner than 60 days.
Reply Quote
3/13/2012 02:01
Thanks, DD staff. So I cannot renew .eu later than 60 days but I can renew them earlier than 60 days, OK. So in your experience, what is the earliest, i.e., how close to expiration date can .eu renewal be purchased? Secondly, if an .eu expires, how much time do I have to renew it, if at all?

Thanks again for your time.

BG
Reply Quote
3/17/2012 16:34
You can renew an EU domain anywhere from 60 days prior to expiration, all the way up to expiration.  After that,  the domain is quarantined.  There is no Renewal Grace Period on an EU domains.  Please remember that domains are time-stamped at registration.  You will not necessarily have until midnight on your expiration day to renew.  As always,  early renewal is recommended.
Reply Quote