Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
backorder request question
11/28/2020 17:50
Hi everyone, I have paid some domain name backorder request but when I go to my backorder request it reads "failed" why is this happening?? I'm doing something wrong??
Reply Quote
Posted By sahmad
12/2/2020 20:54
I am also facing the same problem as well on my side.
Reply Quote
12/29/2020 17:57
"failed" mean Dynadot fail to acquire that domain name when it is drop. It has garbed by another registrar but not Dynadot
Reply Quote
3/20/2021 16:53
Hi thanks for asking, this is how it works: whenever you place a backorder request we will try to “catch” it before it gets released to public, if we are successful and you were the only person to place that request the domain will go to you. If more users placed backorder request for the same domain and we successfully caught it, a backorder auction will start. Please bear in mind that there are no guaranties that the domain will be caught, which has happened with your request and that’s why the status is “failed”. You can read more about it here - https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/what-is-backorder
Reply Quote