Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Autorenew renewed the privacy even though it was not being used
10/19/2014 10:07
Hello

I have several domains in my account set for auto renew and they have been for several years.

I was using your privacy service on my domains and the auto renew automatically renews that as well which is useful.

Now my issue is I recently removed (turned off) the privacy service for all my domains so I could use my company name and office address instead, I did this as I believe it looks better from a business credibility perspective, no more why are you hiding behind domain privacy questions.

A domain then auto renewed and it also auto renewed and re-enabled the domain privacy on the domain, why ?

I see there is a add domain privacy option, and a turn domain privacy on and off option, but no remove or disable domain privacy option that I can see anywhere.

I assumed turning domain privacy off would mean it would not be renewed at the next auto renew, an incorrect assumption it seems. How do I remove domain privacy from my domains so it will not get auto renewed and re-enabled again.
Reply Quote
10/21/2014 10:13
Reply to my own question.

I contacted support on the chat and it seems to be a feature that if domain privacy is enabled on a domain it will get auto-renewed.

The support person suggested I manually renew these domains without domain privacy to get around it.

I suggested an option to disable this could be a feature request for the control panel, they said they would pass that on to the engineers.
Reply Quote
10/21/2014 15:35
Yes, thank you. & thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Reply Quote