Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Domain bought but renewed by previous owner, will my payment be sent back?
10/11/2009 19:42
Hello,

Sometime ago i added some money to my prepay account in dynadot and made a purchase to an expired domain here.
But the domain was renewed by its previous owner and hence my order was canceled and the money stays in the prepay account now.

Then i got to learn that prepay account money cannot be refunded. Oh oh!.

Fine, now I am thinking of making another purchase of an expired domain at auctions but if i use prepay again it will be of no use i guess. So i am thinking of using PayPal funds for this purchase (without adding to prepay in dynadot) but even if this time, the previous owner renews the domain, will my money be transferred to my PayPal or to my prepay account?

I want to know this ASAP because i only have a few hours before i can send the payment and make the purchase.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
10/12/2009 17:52
You can use the money in your account balance (the prepay you made) in order to purchase any domain, including one you win in our auctions.  

If the original Registrant renews the domain before the domain is moved into your account, the money will be refunded to your Dynadot account balance.  After the domain is in your Dynadot account, the original owner can't get the domain back at all.
Reply Quote