Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Identify verification
4/19/2008 05:40
I received this email from DynaDot:

------QUOTE---------

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

To minimize fraud, sometimes we ask our customers to verify their identity. Please send us a copy of your photo ID (drivers license or passport).

1. Send by fax: +1-415-869-2893 (secure)
2. Send by email attachment: [email protected] (not secure)

If we do not receive this within 2 days, we reserve the right to cancel your domain name or web hosting.

Best Regards,
Dynadot Staff

------UN-QUOTE---------

(1) I received it in the start of weekend, so, I hope that 2-day limit is weekend exclude.

(2) I am a new customer of DynaDot, but I've been customer of other Registras for years, and I have not seen any verification like this... anyway, I do not mean DynaDot is something something. Different registras having different ways of doing business. I *do* read other posts and replies in this forum regarding to this issue, and I respect the way DynaDot does business.

The domain owner listed in Whois Database is my friend's name+post-office-address with my email+phone contact. So, I do not know which ID you need for the verification. If you need *my* ID, then it's no problem. But if you need my friend ID... well, my friend does not seem happy to send her ID to a "complete stranger on Internet" (that how she said).

Anyway, that's the situation. I can send a scan of my personal ID to you for the purpose of checking. (I really do not know how you can check because all my address, name, etc. are not there in the Whois database anyway). If you insist to have the ID of the owner listed in Whois, ok, then I have to talk to my friend again. If she still does not agree (which is likely so), then I will have no choice but move all my domains out of dynadot to another registra. If it is the case, I feel quite sorry, and I hope DynaDot will understand my situation. Personally, I like DynaDot for the clean design and fast service... but... That's my situation. I tried to make a phone call to you to see how to solve this issue ... but your staff are not in office during weekend.

[This post has been edited by t_d_toronto_ca on Apr 19, 2008 5:52am.]
Reply Quote
6/9/2008 17:44
The verification process is random.  

It's a measure we have to undertake to keep fraud and prices down.  

However, once you complete it once, you won't have to complete it again.
Reply Quote