Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
What happened?
12/29/2008 07:42
I paid on Dec 12. My site has worked fine no problems or interruptions thru yesterday, but isn't working today. It's not my host (110mb.com) as far as I can teli, since I can open the front page as http://jugbattle.110mb.com
and my file manager page shows all the pages as being there.DynaDot's name servers page checks out too.

I got this payment confirmation on Dec 12 from paypal (with XXX's substituting for potentially sensitive information):

Dear al haug,

This email confirms that you have paid Dynadot  
 ([email protected]) $9.25 USD using PayPal.

Payment details
  Transaction ID:              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  Item Price:          $9.25 USD
  Total:               $9.25 USD
  Order Description:           Order XXXXXX
  Item/Product Number:         XXXXXX
  Buyer:               al haug

And from DynaDot:

Dear Al Haug,

Thank you for placing an order with Dynadot! We have
  received your order and will process it as soon as
  possible. In the meantime, you can contact us at anytime
  regarding your order at [email protected].

If you have not paid yet, please follow this link to the
  Paypal site:
   http://www.dynadot.com/paypal.html XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Best Regards,
  Dynadot Staff
  (order XXXXXX) (account XXXXXX)

ORDER INFORMATION
   date created: 2008/12/12
   order number: XXXXXXX
   ITEMS
     jugbandbattle.net - domain renewal
       1 year ($9.25)
       $9.25
   PAYMENT
    total cost:   $9.25
    payment type: PayPal

ACCOUNT INFORMATION (snip)

Browsing thru the Dynadot site, I clicked on Domain Renewal and now it is asking for another $9.25 payment. Should I delete that? If I pay it will it add another year?
I'm assuming my payment went thru since it has been 14 days since the due date (+17 days since the payment went thru) and nothing happened until today

Help me!
Reply Quote
12/29/2008 07:49
your domain is fine, the DNS servers which are set for it are not answering for your domain though, so your website isnt working, look for the problem at 110mb.com, the dns servers are from there from what ive seen
as that service is free and maybe support isnt that good, you could try faster hosting your DNS over at freedns.afraid.org or some other free dns provider, google them if you want, ive found afraid.org to be the best though :-)
Reply Quote
12/29/2008 08:21
OK. I guess I'll have to contact the folks at  110.com. I'd thought maybe my payment hadn't gone thru right at DynaDot, especially since the 110mb.com-prefixed pages opened fine (but are useless, since all the links go to pages prefixed with jugbandbattle.net)

Thanks for the tip about freedns.afraid.org. But hopefully I can sort this out without resorting to going thru all the hassle of of switching over to a different host-110mb.com has been great up to today - a lot better IMHO than Awardspace, which I still use for some other pages.

Al
Reply Quote
Posted By tanya
1/1/2009 04:44
If you need DNS hosting, you can try Dynadot's DNS. It is free and included at your domain registration.
Reply Quote