Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Woah! MAGOR flaw with buying external Domains
1/23/2015 15:00
I have never had a problem with buying domains here, because up until now, I have made them all myself.
Today I bought a domain name on the market, but after I paid for it, it turns out it expires in about a month.
It is also hooted on a non-dynadot server. So, I CAN NOT renew it. I was also told that there is NO way to transfer it to a dynadot server. Basically that means I spent $20.00, for a domain name that will disappear in few weeks.

How can selling domains like that even be permitted?
Basically, I feel totally ripped-off. What if I had spend $2,000.00, for a domain that I can't use?
That doesn't even sound legal
(I have no qualms with the seller whatsoever, because it is the system that causes this issue.)

I REALLY hope I am wrong about this, and hope that domains I purchase HERE, even if hosted on other servers can be transferred,  because  if they can't, I will cancel the payment on the credit card, and then no one wins.

*** I have used this site for many months, and always thought it was awesome, but this really hurt my confidence***
Reply Quote
1/28/2015 23:48
Sorry for late reply. Looks like you have asked dynadot online chat for help. Thanks for contacting with us. You are always welcome to contact us again if we can be of any further assistance.
Reply Quote